9/10/2005

Chair University


Robotic Yelling and Assassination Neohuman

from doug's blog. I like the part where I assassinate people.

School Update:English-first paper done and gone. just writing here. Nothing Else. Really.
Enterprise-actually starting to do assignments in this class. They're still boring and so is the class.
Chemistry-Very easy. I've done everything so far with practically no effort. Likely to get atleast slightly more difficult
Japanese-still cool. All my post titles will likely originate in this class. isu means chair. Which means I go to school at chair.

I went out with my roommate and the guys next door on thursday. I had a good time, but I think that I have officially established that I cannot stand the taste of alchohol in anything. I even had a bit a Guiness, which was better than the Busch in the kegs, but it still had the taste of alchohol apparent in it.

I missed going to the first home football game(where we apparently kicked ass) because combat club weapon building took longer than expected. I now have my own complete sword and uncovered teardrop shield(cover coming soon).

That's pretty much all that's been going on. I need Dad to tell me how to put a "Read More" link in my blog so I can put up comic book reviews.

5 comments:

Tony said...

(Stupid Blogger. You can't edit these for grammar errors after you've posted them, so I had to delete. Then it turns out I HADN'T made a mistake...)

The whole point of alcohol is knowing that you're drinking it. Hence the taste. Unless you're drinking Ecto-Cooler with Everclear. Then you guzzle it and end up trying to sleep on the edge of a mattress leaning against a wall in someone's basement, and later waking up on their couch with an unknown amount of "lost time" in-between. Not that I know anyone this has happened to.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but I can see not liking the taste of it. I didn't for the longest time, and still don't like too strong a taste of it. It just a matter of preference. Maybe you'll find something you like, Ry, maybe you won't. It's not like you HAVE to drink alcohol.

TT said...

For adding a "Read more" link, read the directions on this page. It's one of a number of hacks at this page.

As for Everclear: I've told most of you my misadventure with my roommate's "Purple Passion" concoction. Let's just say Everclear is evil, evil stuff. This only point of it is to get wasted.

Cheap keg beer (Busch, PBR, whatever) tastes like used dishwater -- used in ways dishwater is not meant to be used. And, yes, it does have a someone soapy taste -- I kid you not. Actually, most mass-market beer does, but cheap beer had at a kegger is worst. (Leaving aside why you would be having beer from a keg. :-) I won't pretend you wouldn't .. just do it responsibly and don't get nailed for possession.)

Guiness is a taste you work up to, and if they had it in bottles or cans it wouldn't be worth it. Guiness is best had on draft, the closer to Ireland the better.

The good beer is lower distribution (and thus a bit pricier) and bottled or on draft at a bar (better control, and thus probably not old beer).

Wine I don't care about - it's fine to sip with food at times. Anything harder -- meh.

TT said...

And, I comisertate, Tony. I typed "someone" rather than "somewhat", and it's too much of a pain to fix it.

TT said...

commiserate. Two m's. Further making my point.