1/19/2006

Inspector #3



In the year 2006 I resolve to:

Invade a small country.



Get your resolution here


This is actually my resolution every year, but I've only succeeded a few times.

Back at school again, and my life is as uninteresting as ever. 3 days into the new semester and my new roommate hasn't shown up. This leads me to believe he isn't coming and I have the room to myself this semester. Here are my first impression of my classes this semester:
Japanese: Pretty much the same as last semester, except with a few new faces. Most of my friends from this class last semester are in my class again this semester so that's good. Plus, there is a pretty cute girl sitting next to me, and she seems nice. Stay tuned for developments...
Ideal of Democracy: or, why the U.S. government is messed up. The teacher isn't quite a hippy, but he's close. I'm not sure if I'll actually like this class, but I don't think I'll hate it.
American Diversity: Basically, a history class that looks at the stuff most history classes skim over. The tests will all be in class essays, for which we have to buy exam bluebooks. I can't get over the fact that we have to pay to take the tests. I'm not sure if I'll actually hate this class, but i don't think I'll like it.
Speech: A speech class. The teacher is a graduate student, so grading might not be that tough. I'm pretty sure I'll be bored most days of this class.
Accounting: A lecture class that's usually taught in small classes. So far everything that's been taught I already know about accounting, but everything I know has been taught. In two days. Should be interesting.

That should be all for now. I'll probably post again in about two months.

6 comments:

TT said...

Ah, blue books. I think there were only one or two, maybe three, classes where I had to use them. Buying them really isn't any different than buying other class supplies, it's just not what you're used to.

Well, at least update every month.

Kalen said...

Interesting - almost all my classes have in-class essay exams this semester, but no one's said anything about buying blue books. And last sememster, when I had essay exams for Foreign Policy, we were given blue books for the tests.

Anonymous said...

Think positive! Some classes should become more interesting. The cute girl in one class could make it a favorite class. Thanks for adding to your blog as it really helps me keep up with what is going on in your life.

Grandma T

Anonymous said...

How many tries did it take you to get that resolution? Or are you just supposed to take the first one?

Tony said...

Re: Pretty girl in Japanese.

Beware the b/f bomb.

Fw: Pretty Polish girl in Speech.

TT said...

Happy Birthday, Ryan!